FightLive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FightLive

Your best source for live streams of TNA, UFC and WWE

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows Vista

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
batman30
batman30

Male
Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-10-21

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 am

I'm running Windows Vista 'Basic'. Its been almost a year and Its time for A re-installation. Do I Have to Re-install "basic" Or can I install any version of vista such as "home Premium" or "ultra" Ive got to buy an install disc and would hate to buy "ultra" or "home premium" and not be able to install over "basic"
Back to top Go down
http://www.goveg.com/
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-09-23

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:42 am

you can just buy a upgrade for either premium or ultra . home basic to premium is about 79 dollars and home basic to ultra is 199 dollars. here is a link to microsoft to show you the options of upgrades http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/windowsanytimeupgrade/overview.mspx
Back to top Go down
batman30
batman30

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:19 am

ccube83 wrote:
you can just buy a upgrade for either premium or ultra . home basic to premium is about 79 dollars and home basic to ultra is 199 dollars. here is a link to microsoft to show you the options of upgrades http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/windowsanytimeupgrade/overview.mspx

Ok cool...Hmmmm...I wonder? can I install the "upgrade pack' more than once? Say I was to install the "basic to premium upgrade" and later when my pc got errors and stuff and wanted to re-install "premium" could I just use the "upgrade pack" to re-install Time after time? If you understand what Im babbling about... Smile .LOL
Back to top Go down
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:56 am

well do you have the home basic install disk? or is it a OEM? (came with your pc with no disk) if you have the home basic disk then yeah you could just reinstal the basic and then the upgrade of premium .
Back to top Go down
batman30
batman30

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:58 am

Nope, No disk...It was installed on the pc when I got it...
Back to top Go down
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:07 am

well do you have the option to make a restore disk? some OEM pc's have that option. if not i know of couple of ways to get around it . easiest is to if you know somoene who has a vista basic disk and use your license number that should be on your tower somewhere. and then just use the upgrade after that.
Back to top Go down
batman30
batman30

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:05 am

ccube83 wrote:
well do you have the option to make a restore disk? some OEM pc's have that option. if not i know of couple of ways to get around it . easiest is to if you know somoene who has a vista basic disk and use your license number that should be on your tower somewhere. and then just use the upgrade after that.

Oh, Awsome, never thougt of it that way...I can get my license number with "tune-up utilities"..But how do I make a retsore disk? Or how do I find out if my pc has that option?

:EDIT: I just googled and found out that If I have that option it will be --- "all programs" "maintenace" "create a restore disc" Which "create a restore disc" is not one of my options
Back to top Go down
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:26 am

i didnt know about getting yoru license number cd key off of tune up utilities it should be on a sticker on your pc tower. but hey i could of just learned something lol.

ok i would say the best bet is to either a) buy a whole version of premium and install it. that way you have the disk and can just use that and get rid of the oem basic b) if you know someone who has a vista basic disk and use your license number for futer reinstalls

that would be my suggestion. there might be another way but i am not familar with vista, i am still on xp .
Back to top Go down
batman30
batman30

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:28 am

ok heres a screen shot of my pc after I found some instructions... the closest thing I could google ....

Windows Vista Clipboard01qu2.th

I may just go purchase the premium disc If I can just install it over the basic
Back to top Go down
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 am

well the choice is yours to make on that . i couldnt say which one is the better deal on either the upgrade or the full version of premium . i guess it all depends on if you have the extra $ for the full verison and also if you want to have the install disk that you can just pop in there and reinstall premium without having to install basic too . and well from the pic that you posted it seems that you can make a recovery disk so you could reinstall basic that way .. so the choice is up to you bro, you could get the upgrade off the microsoft link that i posted and make a recovery disk of basic and later on if you want to do another reinstall you would have everything you needed and save a little money, or you could buy a full retail version of premium and not worry about basic .
Back to top Go down
batman30
batman30

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 pm

ccube83 wrote:
well the choice is yours to make on that . i couldnt say which one is the better deal on either the upgrade or the full version of premium . i guess it all depends on if you have the extra $ for the full verison and also if you want to have the install disk that you can just pop in there and reinstall premium without having to install basic too . and well from the pic that you posted it seems that you can make a recovery disk so you could reinstall basic that way .. so the choice is up to you bro, you could get the upgrade off the microsoft link that i posted and make a recovery disk of basic and later on if you want to do another reinstall you would have everything you needed and save a little money, or you could buy a full retail version of premium and not worry about basic .

thank you for all of your help. It cleared alot of things up for me
Back to top Go down
ccube83
General Managers
General Managers
ccube83

Male

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:16 am

you welcome man, just know that witha upgrade you cant do a future reinstall with out having the basic disk in your situation the recovery disk. and with the full retail version you can install it over basic . but just make sure you make a back up of anything you want saved that is on the hard drive that you are installing the operating system on cause when you install it , it will wipe the drive. and how you go about installing the new OS is to go into BIOS look around untill you see how you computer is set up to boot normaly it will be 1st Hard drive 2nd cd drive 3rd floppy well just change it to start from cd as 1 in how it boots then put in the OS cd in turn off your computer and then start it back up , and then you will be in the process of installing the new OS . that is all for if you choose to buy the full version and not the upgrade . just thought i would type it out incase you needed to know hope everything works out for you
Back to top Go down
mafiafran

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:12 am

.It was installed on the pc when I got it...

Accept USA players
free bonuses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows Vista
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FightLive :: General Area :: Tech Support-
Jump to: